Why It's Important to Upgrade the Firmware
In order to read the fastest NVMe drives, you'll need the latest boot ROM version. Apple has made this update available only by performing a clean install of High Sierra or Mojave, while an Apple drive is installed internally.
If you do not have access to an Apple drive, this kit includes everything you need to perform these updates: Apple SSD, Mojave USB Installer, screwdrivers.
$10 Rental Fee
There is a $10 fee for using this kit. Upon returning, only $90 will be refunded. If you are a regular buyer and plan on using it in the future, you are welcome to keep it but please let us know so that we can plan on having enough for others to share.
At this time we cannot offer free return shipping for international orders.
How to Use the Rental Kit
- Power off your Mac and remove the back screws.
- Put the Apple OEM SSD that comes with the kit in your Mac.
- Plug in the USB that came with the kit into your Mac.
- Press Power and immediately hold down option until you hear chimes.
- This should open your drive select screen. Choose the USB installer.
- Select the Reinstall your Mac option and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After the installation is complete, eject the USB installer, turn your Mac off, remove the Apple SSD, and install your Feather SSD.
Let us know if you have any questions along the way by contacting email@example.com
What's in the Box?
- Apple OEM SSD
- P5 Screwdriver
- T5 Screwdriver
- Mojave USB Installer
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.